Over £8 million raised since our inception as the League of Friends in 1954, and still going strong!
What is The Friends of TMH?
The Friends of TMH is an essential part of the community supporting the staff and patients of Teddington Memorial Hospital by enabling and enhancing the quality and quality of the provision of medical services, facilities and general improvements above the NHS-funded baseline, ensuring the long-term future of the hospital.
We are a registered charity working to improve patient experience at Teddington Memorial Hospital by funding enhancements to both services and equipment.
Our most recent projects are funding for the transformation of paediatric audiology provision, financing of the refurbishment of the main reception area, and the new up-to-date, state-of-the-art, high-technology imaging equipment (X-ray machine).
These projects will help about 800 more children a year get the support they need, further improve confidentiality and patient experience, and enhance the type of treatment patients receive at our valued hospital.
The Friends of TMH Values
We are proud of our 5 key values.
- Caring is defined as ‘displaying kindness and concern for others’ and ‘the practice of looking after others’. It’s at the heart of what we do.
- Trusted: meaning both ‘to have a firm belief in ability’ and ‘being responsible for something’. We are proud to be trusted to support TMH in the best way possible.
- Integrity: whereby we uphold our strong principles to support staff, patients, and the community.
- Efficient: as we strive to maximise our results without wasted expense or effort.
- Reliable: because we make every effort to ensure our activities are consistently of the very highest quality.
The objective of The Friends is to create a partnership between Teddington Memorial Hospital, the local NHS, local organisations, and the local community, raising money to ensure continuous funding for enhancement to the provision of equipment and services in both a reactive and proactive way.
How can you help?
You can get involved with the Friends of TMH to help to fund vital projects.
One of the easiest ways to support us is to simply Donate.
Donate at Teddington Memorial Hospital
When visiting the hospital, tap the contactless donation point to give a £3 donation or drop your coins or notes in the slot.
Every donation, from a handful of change to a substantial legacy, is much appreciated by the LOF, TMH staff and your community.
As a member, you will be kept in touch with the League’s activities and projects undertaken for the further improvement of facilities and equipment at the hospital and also be invited to attend and vote at AGM and EGM meetings.
Our volunteers help in The Friends shop in the hospital, fund-raising activities, and raising awareness about the hospital and League at local community events. Volunteers play an essential role in enabling the League to maintain its services within the hospital.