At The Friends of Teddington Memorial Hospital, we firmly believe that a community thrives when its heart—its local hospital—remains strong and accessible.
Every individual deserves quality healthcare close to home, and every family should find comfort in the knowledge that help is just around the corner.
By supporting our local community hospital, Teddington Memorial, we are not merely funding a facility; we are nurturing a hub where lives are improved, hope is restored, and our community spirit is fostered.
Our commitment is unwavering: to uplift, support, and champion essential care for every member of our community at Teddington Memorial Hospital.
What is The Friends of Teddington Memorial Hospital?
Vital charity support for our community hospital
A registered charity since 1954, providing essential support for the patients, staff and community of Teddington Memorial Hospital.
We enable and enhance the provision of medical services, facilities and general improvements above the NHS-funded baseline to ensure the hospital’s long-term future.
Over £8 million has been raised since our inception as the League of Friends in 1954, and still going strong!
Current Projects & Fundraising
How can you help?
You can get involved with the Friends of TMH to help fund vital projects.
One of the easiest ways to support us is to Donate.
As a member, you will be kept in touch with the Friends’ activities and projects to improve facilities and equipment at the hospital further and be invited to attend and vote at AGM and EGM meetings.
Our volunteers help in The Friends shop in the hospital, fundraising activities, and raise awareness about the hospital and at local community events.
Volunteers are essential in enabling The Friends to maintain its services within the hospital.
What we have achieved
We are a registered charity working to improve patient experience at Teddington Memorial Hospital by funding enhancements to services and equipment.
Our most recent projects are
- funding for the transformation of paediatric audiology provision
- financing of the refurbishment of the main reception area
- new up-to-date, state-of-the-art, high-technology imaging equipment (X-ray machine)
- help about 800 more children a year get the support they need
- further improve confidentiality and patient experience
- enhance the type of treatment patients receive at our valued hospital
The Friends of TMH Values
We are proud of our five fundamental values.
- Caring is defined as ‘displaying kindness and concern for others’ and ‘looking after others’. It’s at the heart of what we do.
- Trusted: meaning both ‘to have a firm belief in ability’ and ‘being responsible for something’. We are proud to be charged to support TMH in the best way possible.
- Integrity: We uphold strong principles to support staff, patients, and the community.
- Efficient: we strive to maximise our results without wasted expense or effort.
- Reliable: we make every effort to ensure our activities are consistent of the highest quality.
The objective of The Friends is to create a partnership between Teddington Memorial Hospital, the local NHS, local organisations, and the local community, raising money to ensure continuous funding for enhancement to the provision of equipment and services in both a reactive and proactive way.